Public Affairs Manager
(Full time position)
Do you support the Church’s provision of high-quality education for children across the country? Are you interested in supporting teachers, schools and colleges to achieve this mission? If so, we are seeking to appoint a Public Affairs Manager.
The CES represents and promotes the national education policy of the Bishops in relation to the 2,300 Catholic schools, colleges and universities which the Church is responsible for across England and Wales.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our friendly public affairs team to work with MPs, Peers, MSs and other decision makers to promote and secure Catholic education in England and Wales. The successful applicant will be sympathetic to the teachings of the Catholic Church and supportive of Church schools.
We are a family friendly charity that encourages a good work life balance, with working outside of normal office hours a rarity. We offer a range of benefits including a matched pension scheme and generous holiday allowance.
The role is based in the office of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference, 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX, a short walk from Victoria Station in Central London, subject to post Covid-19 restrictions.
- To liaise with parliamentarians and officials to ensure that the unique contribution of Catholic Education is integrated into Government thinking, decision making, policy and legislation.
- To influence Government policy relating to Catholic education.
- To develop effective public affairs strategies based upon knowledge of parliamentary process.
- To draft responses to consultations, briefings and policy papers as required
- To support and coordinate national campaigns in support of Catholic education.
- To work closely with colleagues from other faith-providers, particularly the Church of England Education Office, the Church in Wales and the Board of Deputies of British Jews.
Full job description is available to dowload below.
Salary: c£35,000, subject to experience
Closing date for applications: 22nd July 2020
Interviews will be held on 29th July 2020 by video conferencing.